I made these for our yearly chicken wing fest during the Super Bowl. These were simply delicious and I loved that we didn’t have to fry them. The sauce is yummy and these were gone in a second! Enjoy!
Prepping the Chicken
- 2 lbs Chicken Wings
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour & 2 tbsp of Curry Powder (curry powder optional)
- Cooking Oil Spray
- Toasted Sesame Seeds for Sprinkling
Garlicky, Ginger, Orange Zest Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 to 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Finely Minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Medium Orange Zest
- 1 tbsp Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1 tsp Finely Minced Ginger
- 2 tsp Corn Starch mixed with 1 tbsp of water
1. Prepare a baking sheet by lining with aluminum foil and preheat oven to 400º degrees. Place chicken in a large bowl. Add the black pepper, salt, chile garlic sauce & garlic powder and mix well. Add the cup of flour & curry powder mixture and coat chicken in the same bowl. Coat thoroughly.
2. Place chicken wings on the baking sheet and spray the chicken wings with the cooking oil spray and bake for 30 minutes. Turn chicken over and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
3. In the meantime, make the sauce. Add the rice vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, orange zest, soy sauce & Chili Garlic Sauce in a saucepan and bring to boil a then simmer for a minute. Add the cornstarch mixture and whisk well. Set aside. Once the wings are done, place wings in a large bowl and toss with 1/2 the sauce. Leaving the remaining 1/2 for dipping. Sprinkle some toasted sesame seed on top and serve hot.